<Cache xmlns=''> was not expected.

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Hi,

I could not run your web app, I got "

Error. Please help

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I had the same problem before when using xml files generated using the console indexer. But when I used the sample xml files of the search catalog there was no problem. I suspect that the indexer generate xml file that contain strings that need to be escaped when we use our own root for indexing because the complexity of asp.net file structure. I believe when the indexer reads the root there gonna be still certain aspx page with many cryptic strings (like } ? / /> etc.). Then the xml file reader that causing problems because it expects that the file generated need to be fully conformance to xml structure ( i just forgot the simple word to say this). I hope that Craig will help us to put some function that check the valid xml file after the indexing has been done. When the xml file is in error, the program will search for the file in WebApplicationREsource that we are so lazy to install.

I have done tracking the errors by putting Searcharoo Common and Indexer code files in my portal and leave out the Searcharoo.dll files just to see where is the source of the problem. Still now I am seraching if anyone has fixed the indexing problem and by the way in this codeplex, someone has help on the robot text issue which I thought really helpful.

By the way, Searcharoo is really a great product and hope we could help Graig ( the author ) in many ways financially or technically. Search engine paradigm is really complex and interesting but Craig has made it in proper interation for me or others who are new easy to follow this technology. Making this happen really eat his time and effort and it is not easy.

Let us go to this website : http://www.searcharoo.net/ and donate to Craig for a fine job.

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:07 AM

by the way this is the error

Server Error in '/lgmEIS' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not load file or assembly 'WebAppCatalogResource' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WebAppCatalogResource' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 374:                    try
Line 375:                    {   // http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=75
Line 376:                        System.Reflection.Assembly a = System.Reflection.Assembly.Load("WebAppCatalogResource");
Line 377:                        string[] resNames = a.GetManifestResourceNames();
Line 378:

Source File: d:\www\lgmEIS\App_Code\SEARCH\Common\Catalog.cs    Line: 376 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'WebAppCatalogResource' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace: 

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WebAppCatalogResource' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
   System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +43
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +127
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +142
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
   Searcharoo.Common.Catalog.Load() in d:\www\lgmEIS\App_Code\SEARCH\Common\Catalog.cs:376

[Exception: Searcharoo Catalog.Load() ]
   Searcharoo.Common.Catalog.Load() in d:\www\lgmEIS\App_Code\SEARCH\Common\Catalog.cs:384
   Searcharoo.WebApplication.SearchPageBase.Page_Load() in d:\www\lgmEIS\App_Code\SEARCH\SearchPageBase.cs:128
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.ArglessFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o) +8
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +8669175
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4400; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016 

There is problem on Catalog.Load() and also on Cacahe.Load().  I have done tracing using breakpoints, changing and commenting codes, and run to cursor and hope that I could post the image files of the debugging process. I after hours of testing and tracing, I believe that the problem mostly on the xml file generated. Thanks.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM
jimmyosmond wrote:

Hi,

I could not run your web app, I got "

Error. Please help

i get this same error. the console indexer ran as expected.

however, running the SearchSpider.aspx created the correct files.